Monday, June 15, 2015

My 2015 E3 Wish List

With last night’s successful Bethesda conference on my mind and the many possibilities on the horizon as the rest of E3 approaches, I have managed to motivate my lazy summer self to write about how excited I am this year.

Let me clarify my intentions for this wish list. There are many things I hope to see over the next few days, so I am going to maintain a focus on things that would truly make my day. These can fall anywhere on the realistic spectrum from “that could totally happen” to “that’s never going to happen, but it would indeed be awesome.”

Let’s cut to the chase before conferences actually begin!

1. Some Kingdom Hearts details are revealed


I would love to hear a little more about the franchise that defined my childhood. There are so many things I can imagine for Kingdom Hearts 3, but I’ll stick to some nifty ideas I have had and steer clear of spoilers.

I would like to see the following worlds appear in Kingdom Hearts 3:

  • Shibuya (from The World Ends With You)
  • Tangled
  • Frozen
  • Pixar worlds
  • Big Hero 6
  • Another Final Fantasy world apart from Radiant Garden
  • Chrono Trigger world (long shot, but hey… this is a wish list!)
  • Marvel Cinematic Universe


It would also make my day to hear about these characters either (A) debuting for the first time or (B) returning after a long absence:

  • Noctis from Final Fantasy XV
  • Tidus (reappearing and older than he was in KH1)
  • Zack Fair (reappearing and older than he was in Birth by Sleep)
  • Kefka from FFXI
  • Zidane Tribal from FFIX
  • The World Ends With You characters
  • The Avengers
  • Rocket and Groot


Before anyone asks why I didn’t include Star Wars on here, let me just say that I am not opposed to the idea. I just don’t particularly wish for it either.

2. Rise of the Tomb Raider receives a PS4 release date


And let’s say it is released a mere three months after the Xbox One release. I can wait that long.

Side note: I own an Xbox One, but do not want to encourage Crystal Dynamic’s choice to alienate their long term fans in favor of a quick buck. So we will hopefully be purchasing this game for a Sony console. Because business.

3. Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts is announced for 3DS


So this could totally happen at the Square Enix conference, and that would be fantastic. I’ve already detailed how this game could work in my very first blog post, and I welcome the surreal feeling of seeing something I wrote about months ago coming to life at E3.

4. An HD remake of Final Fantasy VII bundled with FFVII: Crisis Core released for PS4


So I am convinced this one is not going to happen. My brother pointed out this morning that there are rumors abounding yet again, but I just can’t seem to get over the disappointment of last year’s PlayStation Experience announcement. They made it pretty clear there that they were only porting the PC version onto PS4. No touchups. No enhanced musical scores. It would be a dream come true of this were all some creepy ruse and they really were listening intently to what fans want. I just can’t let myself be vulnerable to this one again after the huge let down last year.

Jokingly, I came up with a wistfully enticing collector’s edition pre-order bundle. It could include the blu-ray for Advent Children, the reimagined soundtrack to both games and the movie, a hard-covered art book, a hand painted knights of the round figurine, and a set of glass materia complete with display case. Oh, and a $20 credit toward Final Fantasy XV. Because why not? This is a wish list after all.

5. Limited Persona 5 details announced


So I don’t want to know too much about Persona 5, since this is a franchise that just needs to be experienced. But I am curious about a couple things that would not ruin the surprises that are surely embedded inside this definite masterpiece.

First of all, I want to know the official release date. It is immensely satisfying knowing that Persona 5 should be released in the East and West simultaneously, but I still need to know when.

Second, I’m curious about the voice cast for Persona 5. I doubt this will be announced anytime soon, but if it was, I would like to hear about participation from the likes of Travis Willingham, Nolan North, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Monica Rial, and (of course) Yuri Lowenthal. It just wouldn’t be right to have a Persona game without Yuri Lowenthal.

6. Mass Effect 4’s main character and other details revealed


We know so little about this one. I mainly want to discover more about the character that will define the next arc of this series. Additionally, it wouldn’t hurt to hear where they plan on taking this universe next, and whether or not it takes any steps forward in terms of a divergent ending based on your actions throughout the series.

7. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem


Nintendo. Please, please tell me why I want to play this. It looks bizarre. I very much want to like it. I just need to know why. I trust that putting these two great things together will make a brand new game that can’t NOT impress me. But I want some encouragement here, and maybe something spectacular to convince me that I am not crazy for wanting this one.

8. Any fantastic new IP


I am sure there is someone out there that had an as of yet unknown stroke of brilliance that they will announce either today or tomorrow. I look forward to that and hope it is every bit as wonderful as the rest of these things that have made my list.
________________________________________________________________________________


So I’m sure I am leaving something out, but my husband is telling me it is time to publish. No time for proof reading or tweaking my words or phrasing. The Microsoft conference is about to start after all! I will do my best to document the most exciting announcements throughout the next few days. I look forward to all the exciting news and hope this is an E3 akin to 2013’s (not last year’s… that one was kind of a letdown).

No comments:

Post a Comment